12 December 2019: MRS has published its annual Research Live Industry Report 2020 which includes the latest MRS League Tables. Based on 2018 financial data analysed during 2019, the league tables reveal the best-performing research agencies and businesses based on UK turnover and international work managed and invoiced from the UK.
The report also contains gender pay gap reporting, and analysis of the state of the research sector from a range of clients and agencies.
- The report shows the top 100 individual agencies generated a collective turnover of £3.627 billion during 2018, with year-on-year growth at 3.9%
- Within the top 100 agencies, 57 recorded growth and the top 10 agencies accounted for 56.5% of total turnover
- As a whole, the UK research supply industry grew by 0.7% to £5.078 billion in 2018
- The UK is the largest supplier of market research and insight in Europe, accounting for over 40% of total output
- The industry’s gender pay gap is 19.5% in favour of males which broadly mirrors the national average.
Find out who came top of the tables for research agencies and consolidated businesses, and who were the fastest growers:
Website: Market Research Society