Website CIRCA, Cultural & Indigenous Research Centre Australia
CIRCA is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and dedicated Consultant to join our small Sydney team, in a full-time, 6-month contract position. CIRCA is a market leader in social research and evaluation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse communities. www.circaresearch.com.au
Applicants of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, or a language background other than English, are encouraged to apply.
The Research Consultant position entails:
- Working in a client-focused team, committed to best practice when working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Responding to research and evaluation requests, designing culturally appropriate and culturally safe methodologies and evaluation frameworks, and preparing detailed proposals
- Managing and conducting fieldwork, including the development of research and evaluation tools, undertaking qualitative research (including interstate travel), briefing and supporting bilingual and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research partners
- Conducting analysis of a range of qualitative and quantitative data, delivering strategic insights, preparing written reports and verbal presentations
- Collaborating in all aspects of project management and developing new business.
To be successful for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in social policy, social research and/or program evaluation
- History of successful project planning and management, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team, as well as manage several projects and tasks concurrently within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collate, analyse and synthesise research data into high quality reports for diverse stakeholders, including government. Experience in quantitative research methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interest in new and innovative research and evaluation approaches
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to develop and sustain strong relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and CALD stakeholders, communities, and government
- Direct experience or a strong interest in research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and/or culturally diverse communities.
At CIRCA we provide our employees with excellent working conditions, a modern, respectful, collaborative culture, on-going support, and a family-friendly environment accommodating a range of personal circumstances.
Preferred method of contact for communication about this ad (email / link to the company website)::
To apply, please send a cover letter, your responses to the selection criteria, and your CV to:
16 Eveleigh St, Redfern NSW 2016
Enquiries: Lena Etuk, CIRCA Manager, Research & Evaluation
Email: email@example.com 61 2 8585 1330
Closing date: 10 July 2020