Website The Social Research Centre
- Lead nationally significant research projects
- Become part of a growing, dedicated and motivated organisation
- Work alongside industry experts in social research and methodology
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research to inform decision-making and advance our understanding of Australian Society and our place in the world. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking. We are a subsidiary of the Australian National University
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced researcher to join our Quantitative Research Team as a Research Director. Reporting to our Executive Director, Quantitative Research, this is a position with responsibility for running projects and leading a small team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of social policy issues. This role has a strong emphasis on leadership, proposal writing, high quality project execution and superior analytical and report writing. It is a unique opportunity to conduct research that has a positive impact on contemporary social issues.
To our employees we offer a flexible, inclusive, collaborative and supportive team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This is a permanent, full-time position and will be based at our Melbourne CBD office. Due to restrictions arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will initially be required to work remotely most days. A suitable home workspace and computer setup, and reliable internet connection are required.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A minimum of 8 years of quantitative research experience, with experience in a commercial research setting being highly desirable
- Knowledge of both principles and practice in the design and conduct of high-quality research, with extensive experience in the analysis, reporting and presentation of quantitative data to publication standard.
- Substantial track record in leading successful competitive tender/proposal writing and generation of new business
- Abiding interest in social research and methodology
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight timelines and across multiple projects with competing priorities. Excellent project management skills are essential.
- Good team player, but with the ability to work independently and to demonstrate leadership
- Ability and willingness to work in a ‘hands on’ project role
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other packages relevant to research projects (such as SPSS/SAS/STATA)
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred
To apply for this position:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria (listed above) to: email@example.com.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications for this position will be accepted until Thursday 25 March 2021. To be eligible for this position you must have full working rights in Australia.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.