Mamamia is Australia’s largest independent women’s media company, with a decade-long reputation for being on the pulse of what women are talking about. If the Mamamia brand were a person, we’d be the one you can’t stop talking to – we’re candid, warm, honest and inclusive, and every day we’re telling new stories you can’t turn away from.
We are looking for an experienced Research and Insights Manager to be our go-to for audience and content insights. This strategy roles sits at the heart of the commercial team, but is also a key bridge over to audience insight driven content development. We are looking for a solid technical operator, who is also a great communicator of strategic ideas.
About the role
- Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders to execute on and present the results for our Brand Uplift Studies
- Work closely with our commercial strategy, sales and integration teams to utilise audience insights to assist in the development of creative response to briefs
- Responsible for pitching, drafting and writing white papers including: hypothesis, analysis and crafting the story
- Work with 3rd party to build on our own sample size to deliver a robust national health check on the Mamamia brand through the customer funnel
- Lead the running of bespoke studies either initiated by the Editorial team, or by a client’s brief
- Collaborate with Mamamia’s Editor in Chief and Audience Development Manager to design the questions, run the back-end, and deliver the results for audience surveys
- Experience as a researcher or strategist (media brand preferred)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrate strong skills in quantitative data analysis
- Be competent using Q-Research Software or SPSS (Q-Research is preferred)
- Be driven to uncover the insight and the commercial application behind the data
- Be able to develop insightful hypothesis and accompanying survey’s to test hypothesis.
- Be a hands on analyst prepared to tackle all elements of research including programming surveys.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently, but also under direction, and comfortable as a part of a team across different geographic locations.
- Drive results through commercial outcomes and success.
We’re fast-paced and innovative, and democratic when it comes to strategies and ideas.
We’re small enough that you can create real and tangible change, and have your voice heard, and large enough that we can support your ideas with experienced, industry-leading teams, and deliver them to an audience of millions of women every month.
The core purpose of Mamamia is to make the world a better place for women and girls, and we live this philosophy in the content we create, and with the work we do with our charity partner, Room to Read. The independence and empowerment of women starts with universal literacy, and since 2017, Mamamia has supported Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program, which breaks cycles of illiteracy in Asia and Africa. We’ve funded the education of tens of thousands of girls, and Mamamia staff have visited the schools where we’ve made an impact.
As well as being a meaningful and exciting place to work, Mamamia offers:
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative workplace culture
- Learning & Development – tailored to each person’s individual goals
- A day off for your birthday (mama-me day!)
- Flexible working conditions
- Monthly birthday celebrations and quarterly events!
- Free breakfast daily
- Purchased annual leave scheme
- Paid parental leave
- Reward and Recognition – pick a prize from our rewards menu when you are recognised by your team!
- Paid volunteer leave to get involved with our charity partners
Mamamia is an equal opportunity employer, all applicants will be considered regardless of your race, sexuality, religion, colour, gender identity or parental status. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
To be considered for this role all applications must apply via here: https://mamamia.prevueapspro.com/jobs/12362.html
To apply for this job please visit mamamia.prevueapspro.com.