Website The Social Research Centre
▪ Work with industry experts in the social research space
▪ Design and deliver research that has an impact on social policy in Australia
▪ Become part of a growing, dedicated and motivated organisation
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research that informs decision-making and advances our understanding of Australian Society and our place in the world. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Senior Research Consultant or Research Director to join our Quantitative Research Consulting team. The successful candidate will have proven experience in managing large and complex research projects, strong focus on project delivery and an ability to communicate effectively with government, research and academic communities. The candidate will lead a small team and have input into sample and questionnaire design, analysis and reporting.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to some of our most socially relevant projects to help deliver research that has a positive impact on contemporary social issues.
We offer a flexible, inclusive, collaborative and supportive team culture, as well as ongoing professional development. This is a permanent, full-time position and will be based at our Melbourne CBD office with hybrid work arrangements available (working some days in the office and some from home). A suitable home workspace and reliable internet connection are required to work from home.
Applications from people based beyond Melbourne are welcome as, for the right candidate, a remote-based work arrangement with occasional travel to our Melbourne office will also be considered.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in the social or market research industry working directly with clients to deliver their projects
• Experience in managing large scale CATI, online and/or mixed-mode surveys; preferably longitudinal
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines while maintaining attention to detail
• Good communication skills and experience in a client facing environment
• Experience in sampling/sample design, questionnaire design, weighting, statistical analysis and reporting
• Experience in using SPSS (or similar programs), Microsoft Office and other packages relevant to research projects
To be successful in this role you will also have:
• Strong team player skills
• Strong skills in self-editing and attention to detail
• Ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
• A client service mindset
• A genuine interest in further developing a career in social policy research
To apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and detailed cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 18 January 2022.
Please note that applications that do not address the role’s key selection criteria will not be considered. You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply.
For more information or for a copy of the position description, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com