The peak bodies for research, insights and analytics professionals and their organisations, The Research Society (Australian Market and Social Research Society) and the Research Association New Zealand (RANZ), have today announced a new strategic partnership to strengthen their existing relationship.
The two organisations have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to formalise their existing relationship to share expertise, resources and development costs more efficiently and effectively. Members in both countries are set to benefit from a range of new and existing initiatives created when the two associations combine their expertise and experience. A critical area of activity for both the Research Society and RANZ is professional development and the increased collaboration this MoU allows means more and better access to quality learning opportunities and tools for members to ensure they are well equipped to meet the demand of our dynamic industry.
The Qualified Professional Researcher (QPR) accreditation scheme, originally developed by The Research Society, is an important initiative to reassure consumers that the industry protects their information and also forms an important part of our collaboration between Australia and the NZ. It benefits both our memberships.
Elissa Molloy, Chief Executive of The Research Society, comments: “The Research Society is thrilled to have signed the MoU with RANZ, an organisation we have enjoyed a long, informal relationship with over many years. It is the right time to be taking this next step. Signing the MoU adds another level of dynamism to the Research Society, complementing the raft of changes we are rolling out, including of course our new name and new website, and also the raft of new and reimagined member services. Professional development offerings and the QPR accreditation scheme provide strong building blocks for our relationship going forward as we continue to work closely with RANZ to provide the highest level of support and lots of exciting new opportunities for our members.”
Susanna Baggaley, General Manager of RANZ, comments: “RANZ is delighted to formalise and strengthen the relationship we have had with The Research Society (previously AMSRS) over the years. The MoU enables us to more effectively share and access industry events, such as our respective conference, as well as extensive professional development resources. We are looking forward to developing closer networks and exciting future collaborations for our members.”
About The Research Society:
- The Research Society is the leading research association in Australia.
- It supports the careers of research professionals with specialist training and professional qualification (QPR), professional membership, mentoring, networking opportunities and research awards.
- The Research Society partners with research agencies and end-client organisations that commission research, in commercial and government sectors, and provides additional organisational discounts and benefits to them as well as included individual membership for their employees.
- The Research Society is underpinned by a strong ethical Code of Professional Behaviour for its individual members and company and client partners that aligns with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- It supports company partners to certify to globally recognised ISO standards and it has exclusive rights in Australia to the Fair Data program that ensures companies collect, store and use the general public’s personal data and information in line with Australian Privacy and EU GDPR requirements.
- The Research Society is a founding member of the Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) and the Global Research Business Network (GRBN) that links 45 research associations globally.
About Research Association New Zealand (RANZ):
- Research Association New Zealand (RANZ) is the industry body dedicated to supporting and developing the community of professional providers and users of research and insights in New Zealand.
- RANZ vision is to enable “a smarter NZ through superior research, data, insights, knowledge, alliances and actions”.
- RANZ brand is a trust-mark for clients, employers, colleagues and other industries and indicates that the bearer is a member of an expert community, which upholds the highest professional and ethical standards. All members are bound by the RANZ Code of Practice.
- RANZ members enjoy the benefits of strong global links through its membership of the Global Research Business Network (GRBN) and Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) and its partnership with ESOMAR.