Website Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)
Meat & Livestock Australia’s (MLA) purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the. Australian red meat and livestock industry. We achieve this by delivering world-class research, development and marketing outcomes that benefit the Australian red meat and livestock industry and in turn, the community. The outcome of what we do, through collaboration with our stakeholders, contributes to producer profitability, sustainability and global competitiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our market research team as a Consumer & Shopper Insights Executive. The Market Research teams’ role is to understand consumer behaviour, needs and protein consumption, across geographies, through market & stakeholder research. This is delivered by representing the voice of the consumer, clear Interpretation of consumer needs, and communication of these findings to stakeholders. The market research team drive the consumer research agenda by collaborating across business units to deliver best practice consumer and stakeholder research outcomes.
You’ll be part of a motivated team as the central source to deliver consumer and shopper insights and tracking, which adds value to industry through driving the understanding and adoption of insights.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of the consumer and trade research program – including consumer tracking, trend data, shopper & retail tracking, and ad hoc quantitative and qualitative projects.
- Demonstrate consumer and shopper insights understanding and their application through sharing of regular KPI /Insights reporting with key stakeholders
- Support the market research team in the translation of data from multiple sources (consumer, shopper, trade, etc.) into clear and actionable insights
- Management of own projects and insights analyses with guidance and support from the team
- Provide clear information and briefing to research agencies to ensure consistent, high quality delivery of results
- Continually educate internal stakeholders on the use of research insights
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders
- Project administration associated with research projects, for the team
- Support the market research team in the delivery of insights, other projects & workshops
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g marketing, psychology, geography or a related discipline
- 1-3 years market research experience (from an agency or client side role)
- Experience in consumer and/or shopper research
- Understanding of the market research process
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research techniques & application
- Excellent project management and co-ordination skills
- Independent and creative thinking
- Listens effectively and can translate into action
- Works well within a team; can manage own priorities effectively
- Demonstrates an inquiring mind
- Knowledge of the red meat industry is not an essential requirement
Why work for MLA?
We aim to provide a modern and flexible work environment for our employees, complemented by benefits that promote overall employee wellbeing, including rebateable salary packaging, wellbeing events, rewards and recognition and a fun culture driven by our social club.
Interested? Apply now via the MLA Careers page and to view the full position description. Applications must include a resume and a cover letter (of no more than two pages) addressing the selection criteria.
If you have questions in relation to the advertised position contact the Human Resources team by emailing email@example.com
Applications close: 23 April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advertisement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org