About the job
We’re on a mission to redesign the way we all connect – with leading-edge technologies and solutions that are changing the world as we know it.
Our people get the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the world. Our size, reach and breadth of capabilities means that we interact with and enable the lives of millions of people on a daily basis.
The Telstra Consumer & Small Business team span from creatives, strategists, production, and subject matter experts who work on some of the most exciting projects our business can offer.
About the role
The Customer and Market Insights team is equal part anthropologist, futurist, moderator, influencer and data scientist. We are instrumental in driving the improvement and strategic agendas of our company.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Customer Research and Insights Senior Specialist to join our team.
As a Customer Research and Insights Senior Specialist, your role is pivotal to defining and developing customer, market, competitor, and commercial insights that shape and support Telstra’s go to market strategy and implementation, as well as customer value propositions, campaign developments and executions. You leverage primary and secondary research in addition to data analytics to provide strong predictive and prescriptive insights and enable better data driven decision making across marketing, pricing, sales, product, channel and strategy.
You are a recognised and trusted advisor to the business, using strong and structured communication skills and data-driven decision making to liaise with senior stakeholders and advise on the best way to meet Telstra’s business objectives.
- Leverage primary and secondary research to understand what matters to our customers and translate this into actionable insights, within a fast changing organisational and market environment
- Authentically collaborate with analyst firms and research providers to lead and shape primary market research activities that inform and steer Telstra’s key marketing and growth project
- Develop and implement research methodologies – including market research methods, conjoint analysis, choice modelling and behavioural economics – that drive consistency and quality across all products
- Translation of the research findings into critical business insights and to support strategic design direction
- Deliver research that has clear, concise and actionable findings, and includes opportunity identification and strategy implications
- Take an innovative and creative approach to deliver the solution of complex business/technical problems in a simple manner, with consideration on the benefits and risks of a range of potential solutions
- Market research (primary and secondary)
- Ability to define and implement qual and quant market and customer research methodologies including, conjoint analysis, choice modelling and behavioural economics.
- Ability to develop new or innovative approaches to complex problems, situations, or opportunities.
- Ability to translate data and findings into meaningful insights and communicate to business stakeholders effectively
- Ability to constructively challenge business performance and strategies based on robust fact-based analytics
- Ability to synthesise complex information from multiple sources
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Commercial Acumen
- Stakeholder Management
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and engagement skills
- Excellent time management skills to meet required timeframes
- Team player, ready and willing to assist where required and work collaboratively with peers and others to achieve best overall outcomes for Telstra.
- Well organised and flexible to the changing demands of our customers and the business
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we’d encourage you to apply!
To apply for this job please visit telstra.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.