Website Alan Wilson Consulting
Alan Wilson is hiring two Consultants for a niche consultancy specialising in the health and human services sectors. Our client tailors solutions to meet the needs and goals of large and smaller organisations, government and non-government sectors, clinicians and consumers. Services include:
▪ Stakeholder Consultation, Facilitation & Education,
▪ Policy & Program Evaluation and
▪ Research & Analysis.
The company is in the process of deepening its skills in three core areas: Strategy & Planning, Evaluation & Performance Reviews, and Health Finance.
The Consultant positions are responsible for:
▪ Undertaking management consulting projects and project components with a high level of autonomy, including:
- Analyses of health and human services including hospitals, aged care services and community-based services, to support the development of service and strategic plans, performance improvement and business development opportunities;
- Using valid and reliable data collection and collation methods, analyse workforce, demographic, burden of disease and service utilisation data;
- Research (such as literature reviews, internet searches, research into specific health care subjects);
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Conducting interviews;
- Conducting presentations and workshops;
- Preparing information and drafting high quality client reports;
- Liaising with clients as required
▪ Undertake market and business development, including:
- Preparing tenders and proposals for prospective clients;
- Identifying business opportunities and prospective clients;
- Assisting in the development of business plans; and
- Assisting with the administration of the consulting practice.
Our client prides itself on being a values driven firm, seeking to make the health system better for all by helping clients make sound, equitable and cost-effective decisions. Its consultants are attracted to the complexity of the health system, and the challenges of dealing with the ambiguities therein. They look to create order out of chaos, arriving at pragmatic solutions through the application of evidence, not opinions.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
Essential requirements of the positions are:
▪ Capacity to undertake project-related work;
▪ Ability to write succinct reports with a clear narrative for an uninformed reader; and
▪ Competencies in interpersonal engagement, problem solving, the capacity to undertake (or otherwise participate) in multiple projects concurrently, and delivery of project outcomes in a timely manner.
Particular strengths in more than one of the following areas would be highly desirable:
▪ Service or other operational monitoring, management, planning, and/or evaluation;
▪ Quantitative data analysis (using a variety of different methods);
▪ Qualitative data analysis (using a variety of different methods);
▪ Financial analysis (using a variety of different methods);
▪ Scientific and grey literature reviews applying internationally accepted levels of evidence;
▪ Stakeholder consultation skills using a variety of different methods;
▪ Survey design, implementation and analysis; and/or
▪ Data modelling (financial, quantitative or qualitative).
Contract Term and Remuneration
This is a permanent ongoing role (following an initial probation period of three months). An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Flexible work routines are available.
For further information on the roles please call Alan Wilson on 0414 470 460. To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com