Website Australian Broadcasting Corporation
This is a fantastic role for an experienced researcher who loves conducting projects and enjoys research with a purpose. You will design and conduct complex research projects that will inform the ABC’s programming, strategic direction and understanding of diverse audience segments.
The role will involve but not be limited to; Consulting and collaborating with stakeholders to design, develop and conduct research projects then analysing and presenting insights that will assist with their decision making. Leveraging a variety of data sources to contribute significantly to a deep understanding of the media environment, with a particular focus on tv, radio and digital audiences. Maintaining and developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify broader patterns and audience gaps. Managing the ABC YourSpace research community, including developing acquisition, health and engagement initiatives.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and deliver actionable insights to stakeholders across the ABC.
- Supervise generally complex research projects from briefing, stakeholder engagement, fieldwork, analysis and presentation.
- Recommend, design and conduct research using best mix of methodologies to meet stakeholder needs including:
- Ethnographic observation and guided interviews
- Qualitative moderation (in person and online)
- Quantitative and quantitative surveys
- YourSpace community based studies
- General Population surveys
- Oversee engagement for YourSpace community portal through share-backs on previous studies, and exclusive ABC content.
- Under limited direction of the Insights Manager, leverage a variety of data sources to contribute significantly to a deep understanding of the media environment, with a particular focus on tv, radio and digital audiences.
- Continually review insights reporting processes and methodologies to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to establish their needs and understand audience gaps.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in media and broadcasting as well as best practices in media measurement.
- Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant workplace policies and guidelines.
- Cooperate with any reasonable instruction, procedure or policy relating to safety and take reasonable care for your own safety and that of other people who may be affected by your conduct while at work. Additional WHS responsibilities apply to Managers and Supervisors, Team Directors, and other Officers.
Key Capabilities / Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Highly computer literate, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated considerable proficiency in statistical applications, SPSS or Q, and data visualisation tools.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or social research.
- Considerable experience using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to convey generally complex insights, information and ideas to others; and prepare and present reports clearly and accurately.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- ABC Principles: Demonstrated commitments to the ABC Principles of We are ABC, Straight Talking, People Focused, Accountable and Open Transparent.
- ABC Policies: Understanding of the relevance and scope of ABC policies and the ABC Principles and a commitment to adhere to these; particularly in relation to complying with health, safety and wellbeing requirements in the workplace and acting in accordance with the ABC Principles.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with people from a range of diverse backgrounds.