KPMG Customer Intelligence team is growing and hiring multiple roles Consultant, Senior Consultant and Associate Director level roles available in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Want to move from a pure insights role into a broader consulting team focussed on Customer, Brand and Marketing excellence?
- Want to help to transform client organisations by putting the customer at the heart of everything that they do?
- Kick start or reinvigorate your strategic insights career by joining one of the fastest growing teams in Australia – KPMG’s Customer, Brand and Marketing Advisory helps our clients capture and grow the value of their customers.
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Customer, Brand and Marketing Advisory division helps our clients capture and grow the value of their customers. Within this our KPMG Customer Intelligence team is key to unlocking sustainable growth. We combine deep market research experience, social media analysis and advanced data analytics to enable evidence-based decisions. Apply now to work with extraordinary people who are passionate about supporting clients, and courageous in challenging what’s possible to achieve their goals.
You will work with extraordinary people who are passionate about supporting clients and courageous in challenging what’s possible to achieve their goals. On a day to day basis you will work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of clients across various sectors to contribute to, or lead the delivery of quality customer intelligence for our clients, including fieldwork, analysis and reporting.
Depending on the level of role you apply for, you will:
- Be able to provide guidance on research and analysis methodology, including advanced qualitative and quantitative approaches and social media analysis to clients and junior team members.
- Take the lead in preparing for and participating in field work such as: workshops, focus group sessions and interviews with clients and their stakeholders.
- Be comfortable using digital tools for fieldwork (such as online video focus groups), workshops, data analysis and presentation.
- Be hands-on in analysing both qualitative and quantitative data, applying your well-developed problem-solving skills to draw insights into client challenges and suggest relevant actions.
- Utilize your excellent communication skills to prepare and present impactful reports.
- Support business development activities including proposal support.
- Engage and build strong relationships with our clients and KPMG teams across a broad range of sectors including financial services, packaged goods, government, energy, technology and media.
- Support Director and Partner in delivering client engagements to a consistently high standard of accuracy, project management and timeliness.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Foundational to demonstrated experience as a practitioner of research ie: problem articulation, proposal writing, designing and undertaking a range of qualitative and quantitative methods, conducting analysis reporting and delivering presentations to a high standard.
- Previous agency research experience/ market research/ insights/ strategy experience.
- Consulting experience or client facing experience is highly beneficial.
- Evidence of strong analytical skills and numerical ability.
- Confidence in relationship building abilities and the ability to take part in business development activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for analysis and problem solving.
- Experience in performance managing individuals and research teams.
- University degree (e.g. Business, Commerce, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Psychology, Law)
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other. We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion. Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, apply for one of these roles.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 7th May 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com