Website Orima Research
ORIMA Research is Australia’s leading provider of end-to-end market, social and organisational research and data analytics services to the public sector. We are looking for a Research Assistant to join our specialist Communications and Social Marketing Research team.
ORIMA Research is committed to training and developing young Australians. Our qualitative graduate research program is underpinned by a Competency Framework and offers a clear progression pathway within the company. This position is an ideal opportunity for a graduate level
researcher to be trained for a career as a qualitative research consultant.
You will be supporting our qualitative research teams on a wide range of projects aimed at developing, evaluating and refining government communications campaigns, programs, policies and services. This will include conducting focus groups and in-depth interviews around Australia. Not only will you be working closely with the most respected and best minds in our industry, but you will also have an opportunity to contribute to evidence-based government policy and communications strategies.
The ideal candidate would have some exposure to interacting with stakeholders, clients or the public as well as some experience in analysis and reporting. This role provides the opportunity to be trained and developed in all aspects of qualitative research.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
Your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting senior research consultants on all facets of project delivery
- Conducting qualitative research fieldwork (focus groups and interviews) around Australia, including:
- Preparation and note taking in focus groups
- Conducting in-depth interviews
- Being trained to moderate / facilitate focus groups and workshops
- Assisting with proposal development
- Contributing to research design and the development of discussion guides
- Writing recruitment screeners
- Recruiting potential research participants
- Learning qualitative analysis and contributing to the interpretation of results
- Writing and proof-reading Word reports and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with distinction average in a relevant area (e.g. psychology, social sciences, market research, marketing and communications, law, arts)
- An ATAR of 90+ (or equivalent)
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills A track record of producing high quality written work
- High level of organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility to travel around Australia and work evenings on a regular basis (2-3 days per week)
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
How to apply
Please see the Orima Research website for the application process and role requirements.
Please email your application to email@example.com by COB 1 March 2021.