Website The Social Research Centre
▪ Design and deliver research that matters
▪ Work alongside industry experts in social research and methodology
▪ Become part of a growing, dedicated and motivated organisation
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research to inform decision-making and advance our understanding of Australian Society and our place in the world. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an exceptional Research Consultant to join our Quantitative Research Consulting team. Research Consultants work closely with our leaders and are responsible for the day-to-day management of research projects. Their role has a focus on high quality project management and execution, taking a key role in the planning, development and monitoring of data collection and client deliverables. Research Consultants are client facing.
This is a unique opportunity to learn from industry experts and contribute to research that has a real impact on policy, strategy and practice.
We offer a flexible, inclusive, collaborative and supportive team culture, as well as ongoing professional development. This is a permanent, full-time position and will be based at our Melbourne CBD office with hybrid work arrangements available (working some days in the office and some from home). A suitable home workspace and reliable internet connection are required to work from home.
Applications from people based beyond Melbourne are welcome as, for the right candidate, a remote-based work arrangement with occasional travel to our Melbourne office will also be considered.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Minimum 4 – 5 years’ experience in the social or market research industry working directly with clients to deliver their projects
• Experience in managing complex telephone, online and/or mixed-mode surveys to a high standard
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines while maintaining attention to detail
• Good communication skills and experience in a client facing environment
• Strong foundations in core quantitative research skills
• Experience in using SPSS (or similar programs), Microsoft Office and other packages relevant to research projects
To be successful in this role you will also have:
• Strong team player skills.
• Strong skills in self-editing and attention to detail
• Ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
• A client service mindset
• A genuine interest in further developing a career in social policy research
To apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and detailed cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 18 January 2022.
Please note that applications that do not address the role’s key selection criteria will not be considered. You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply.
For more information or for a copy of the position description, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org