Website The Social Research Centre
- Design and deliver research to influence social policy in Australia
- Work From Home – hybrid and remote arrangements available
- Build your career and learn from specialist staff and teams
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research to inform decision-making and advance our understanding of Australian Society and our place in the world. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Research Consultant to the Evaluation and Qualitative Research team. The person in this role will be responsible for making substantial contributions to client management, evaluation and research design and proposal writing, desktop research, data collection (both qualitative and quantitative), data management, and analysis and reporting for evaluation and research projects.
The incumbent will understand what contributes to high quality evaluations and research and be able to implement rigorous standards within projects, including knowledge of ethical issues and their applications. They will be able to translate research into policy and practice so that project findings have a high degree of contextual utility and recommendations are pragmatic in their approach.
The Research Consultant will work with teams across the SRC to assure that the level of enquiry needed to address the client’s requirements is met and designs are both methodologically sound and fit for purpose.
We offer a flexible, inclusive and collaborative team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis. This position offers the opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement (working from home some days with remaining days in the office).
To be eligible for this position you must have full working rights in Australia and be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance which requires Australian citizenship.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, psychology, sociology, public health and the like). Graduate qualifications are desirable.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a social, government policy environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Good communication skills and experience in a client facing environment
- Skilled written communication (letters, reports, documents)
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and/or experience for social/public policy evaluation and research
- Commercial consulting experience in social policy is an advantage
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other packages relevant to projects, as necessary
- Good team player
- Australian citizen with ability to obtain Baseline Security Clearance
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative where necessary
To apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and a one-page response to the key success factors for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 18 May 2022.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications from people based beyond Melbourne are welcome as, for the right candidate, a remote-based work arrangement with occasional travel to our Melbourne office will also be considered.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply. A suitable home workspace and reliable internet connection are required to work from home.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please refer to our careers page on our website at https://www.srcentre.com.au/careers#vacancies.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability to apply.