Website The Social Research Centre
The Social Research Centre, part of the Australian National University, is dedicated to conducting world-class research that informs decision making and advances our understanding of Australian society. We have championed best practice methods for more than 20 years and are Australia’s largest social research and evaluation only agency.
We are looking to appoint an early years’ quantitative researcher to work in our consulting team. Research Executives have a focus on high quality research support, work directly with senior staff and clients and are responsible for administration, and managing the delivery of mixed methods research studies. We value smart people, curiosity, team orientation, and a willingness to learn and develop skills. You’ll have a client service focused mindset and an ability to actively nurture and manage these relationships as part of a client facing team.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Ownership of the end-to-end management, execution, and delivery of research projects
- Communicating with and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with analysis, reports, and proposals
- Effectively problem solving operational or logistical issues and adapting on the fly
- Suggesting solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly
- Upholding our professional standards and corporate values
What we offer:
- A genuine desire to develop and support people to work to their best
- Opportunity to learn and work with experts in their fields
- Integrated suite of internal and external learning and development opportunities
- Clearly articulated career path and mentoring
- Office spaces to encourage creativity and collaboration
- Flexible work from home arrangement possible
- Regular social events and opportunities to meet and mix with colleagues face-to-face and virtually
- Profit sharing program and recruitment referral bonus (for eligible employees and roles)
- MYKI commuter club, access to annual flu vaccinations and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of relevant professional experience.
- Mission aligned with an interest in developing a career in social or public policy research.
Key selection criteria:
- Research cycle. Experience in research design, questionnaire design, managing surveys, analysis, charting and tabulation and reporting
- Detail and organisation. Detail orientated with strong organisational skills to efficiently manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Adaptability. Ability to respond to changing situations, pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to proactively communicate and work collaboratively
- Software. Experience in using Q, SPSS (or similar programs), Microsoft Office products and other packages relevant to research projects
This position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis and offers the opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement (working from home some days with remaining days in the office). Applications from people based beyond Melbourne are welcome as, for the right candidate, a remote-based work arrangement with occasional travel to our Melbourne office will also be considered.
To apply for this position:
Please send your resume and one page expression of interest covering the key selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11 August 2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply. A suitable home workspace and reliable internet connection are required to work from home. For more information or to see the Position Description, please reach out to our People & Culture team at email@example.com or refer to our careers page on our website at https://www.srcentre.com.au/careers#vacancies.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander heritage, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity; and people with disability to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org