Website The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU)
- Full-time permanent role working with the peak body for the Australian union movement, defending and advancing workers’ rights.
- The ACTU seeks to appoint a Senior Insights Researcher. The role will be responsible for designing and conducting research programs including analysis, reporting, and the provision of advice to the ACTU and the broader union movement.
- The ACTU is an organisation that respects cultural and social diversity within the workforce and the community. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of colour are especially encouraged to apply.
The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) is the peak union body representing over 1.5 million workers and their families.
Since its creation in 1927, the ACTU has spearheaded some of the most fundamental workplace struggles in Australia’s history.
The ACTU’s role as a peak body is to be a national voice for our movement and defending and advancing workers’ rights by co-ordinating union campaigns, representing workers at a range of government and non-government forums and to provide industrial, policy and other support to our affiliates.
The Senior Insights Researcher role is in the Insights Team which sits within the broader Member Experience and Data Team at the ACTU.
Your role is to design and effectively implement a broad range of research projects, analysing and synthesising data from various sources and reporting and presenting results in clear and informative ways that drive insights led decision-making. You will also be a key contributor to the Insights team strategic direction.
The role has broad project scope with an emphasis on project design and further development and integration of our Voice of Customer (VOC) program. Highly developed project management, stakeholder engagement and presentation skills are a must.
- Working in partnership with and supporting the Insights Lead to ensure Insights team project delivery.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to efficiently run multiple projects with competing priorities and at times, short delivery timeframes.
- Voice of Customer (VOC) platform development and integration.
- End-to-end research project design, implementation, management and delivery.
- Strategic analysis and interpretation.
- Design of reports, summaries and presentations, including detailed findings, discussion of insights and context, and relevant recommendations.
- Well-honed presentation skills gained through providing socialisation of insights to a variety of audiences across organisational layers
- Internal and external stakeholder liaison, including external suppliers and exceptional communication skills.
- Advanced data analytical skills with strong experience in turning data into insights
- On occasion conduct of focus groups and in-depth interviews.
Key Selection Criteria
- Commitment to the values of the union movement and social justice.
- Substantial experience with all aspects of the research process from project conceptualisation through to analysis, reporting and presenting of research findings, and maintaining timely and accurate documentation.
- Proven experience in designing and managing end to end quantitative research projects, with qualitative experience well regarded.
- Superior research and report writing abilities.
- Experience with program development, survey design, experience in analysing results, writing high quality research reports and designing/building dashboards.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and problem-solving skills; stakeholder engagement and collaboration, and the ability to obtain detailed briefs for project design.
- Demonstrated organisational skills; being process driven and able to deliver on agreed upon outcomes and timeframes, while collaborating across multiple teams and organisations
- Experience in statistical analysis techniques and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other analytical software e.g. SPSS, Jamovi
- Efficient and effective project management capabilities.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate workflows, deadlines and priorities with others.
- Composure, flexibility and resilience to adapt to varying work requirements and tempo including working on multiple projects at the one time and effectively managing priorities.
- Ability to manage and assess external suppliers.
- Relevant tertiary education (e.g., business/marketing/economics/statistics/psychology) and 8+ years’ experience in either agency or client side in a research/insights environment.
- Must have a current appropriate working Visa or residential status to work in Australia
The ACTU will offer the successful candidate a salary range of $125,548 – $129,314, along with an additional 15% superannuation, annual leave loading, working from home opportunities and generous leave arrangements.
Please provide a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role, as well as your CV to: Simone Rosser: Insights, Member Experience and Data Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close on Thursday 30th June 2022, however we will be considering applications as they arrive.
The successful candidate will commence in the role in July.
The ACTU is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk. Therefore, it is a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake work outside of their ordinary place of residence (unless a medical exemption applies).