Website Merritt Hawkins
Merritt Hawkins and Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine have partnered to find their inaugural Vice Chair of Research. This is a very exciting opportunity for a program builder to join a school that is positioned to launch a comprehensive research program throughout all departments. There is also a close relationship with a VA hospital that supports research with a national platform.
A few highlights of this new opportunity:
- Medical School is led by a progressive dean who is RO1 funded and a major supporter of the research initiative
- A research platform has been established that has the resources to support any type of basic science, clinical outcomes, and translational research
- Marshall University has recently been recognized as a top NIH funded institute
- Designated as a Carnegie Level II Institute
- A huge clinical practice incorporating two major hospitals, two large ambulatory centers, a Tri-State VA, and several clinic sites throughout the region
- A new data management system that captures this massive volume of clinical data
- Several Clinical Divisions are led by RO1 funded researchers
- MD/Ph.D. program and Ph.D. programs flourish
- Opportunity to leverage the overall research resources, mentor existing faculty, recruit new researchers, collaborate with the VA research system and other peer institutions while pushing the research mission initiative to a new level.
Preferred method of contact for communication about this ad is via the company website
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
For additional information contact David King, Director of Academic Search at Merritt Hawkins at (404) 398-2218 or email to David.email@example.com.